Faithfulness/Praying for Our Husbands, Pt. 3


"Random acts of greatness pale in comparison to habitual acts of faithfulness. It’s not what you do every now and then, but what you do everyday, that changes everything." -Ann Voskamp

Faithfulness. I want this.




This is one of the things I'm taking baby steps in working towards as I commit to praying for my husband for 31 days. I see, faithfulness matters. 

Faithfulness matters as I set the example with my children. Faithful to follow through with my promises, faithful to give my myself to the things that will make forever deposits into their lives. They need consistency. They need me to be slow and steady to win the race, not fast and furious and frazzled. 

Faithfulness matters as I am a helpmate to my husband. I wondered if this faithfulness in prayer for my husband was bearing fruit in his eyes. His response? "I feel like I've had greater clarity as you've been praying for me." Wow. This is huge, especially considering the season we're in. 

I think it was on day 2 or 3 of my prayer commitment, we made the decision for Waylon to step away from his job, with no back-up plan. Sounds ridiculous, I know. But sometimes obeying God does. (I will say that we do have savings that gives us a buffer....but nothing guaranteed for beyond this.) This decision, this choosing to "step out of the boat" and walk in faith, was urgent to us because it meant embracing the calling on my husband's life and saying "yes, we want your ways for us, God, and trust if we seek you first, you will give us everything we need." There are still a lot of unanswered questions. But our needs are taken care of and we have so much more peace in walking in obedience than we had before. 

So, anyway, this testimony of "greater clarity" is a precious thing in a season of waiting and trusting. What an awesome fruit to see so shortly into this. 

Please share any fruit you have been seeing if you're journeying along :) I'd love to hear!

Comments

Popular Posts