Heavy Hearts, Holding Tight

This week has been heavy. One good friend lost her second child in 5 months on Wednesday, one full-term and one in her second trimester. Another good friend lost her mom suddenly on Thursday. Then I pull up Facebook tonight and see another friend I had from college lost her son just after delivery this week as well. Unexpected loss is so hard, so shocking. You can't prepare for it, but you're suddenly walking through it and the gamete of emotions it brings. Praying for these sweet friends this week and carrying around a heavy heart. 

Holding to these portions of Scripture today, trusting in His good control over all things and His heart of compassion that heals and comforts when we are broken.

"See now that I, I am He, there is no god besides me; It is I who put to death and give life. I have wounded and it is I who heal." Deut. 32:39

"Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them." Psalm 139:16

"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds." Psalm 147:3

"Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted." Matthew 5:4

I trust in the grace of the Lord meeting all these families in their time of need. I know this grace. I have received this grace when the unexpected has hit me. I don't know what it feels like to lose a full-term baby, two babies so closely together, or my mom. The pain seems unbearable to me. But I trust that God is near and ushering these friends through these times. He will not abandon us in our time of need. I can only rest here. Thank you, God, that you have shown me your goodness and built faith in my heart. 

Small moments of goodness have passed me by this week, bringing smiles amidst the pain. I am grateful.

Brothers, with a bond ever-strengthening as they play and learn conflict resolution together :) 


 Growing belly, nice and round at 4 months, with little nudges of reassurance that all is well.

 Cheap, yummy coffee find at my favorite grocery spot, Yoder's General Store.

Clara's love for her Minnie Mouse, caring for her like a little Mother Hen, always needing her wrapped in a blankie.

Please pray for these families with me as you read this. May God and His nearness be real to you in this time, as well.

And for us to all smile and remember....

God is faithful! My, my, my! (click here)

Comments

Popular Posts